Monday, March 31, 2008

I love your necklace

Joshua has been particularly fond of saying recently, "I love your necklace mommy" even to me sometimes (and I don't wear a necklace). My hypothesis is that he starts out saying "I love you.." but then just continues into his phrase of habit.

We went to the circus for the first time today, and I was so proud that Joshua stayed seated for most of the show which lasted over 2 hours! We'll see tomorrow what he talks about and remembers from the show.

It's interesting to think about the things that Joshua isn't doing anymore, like offering us apples, or throwing pretend fireballs--things he was doing just a few months ago. He's growing up fast. Sometimes I talk to him like he was an adult, expecting him to understand most of what I say. He definitely is way smarter than I was as a kid--he has an amazing memory, and picks up on what we say really quickly--like when I was speaking French the other day, and then he was repeating me, "Je le vois!"

Some impressive things Joshua has said recently:
"Is the baby coming from your stomache Mommy going to sleep in my crib?"
"That trash truck is for recycling"
"Yo-Yo Ma!"--when he hears cello music
When he completes rhymes in books that he hasn't read in months

No comments: