Wednesday, November 7, 2007

? Barney & trains

Though we have no TV and I think we've seen a Barney episode only 1 or twice in the remote past, Joshua said "Barney!" when he heard me sing the "I love you--you love me song" today. Where does he learn these things?

"I wanna go past the train tracks!" is something we hear everytime we get into the car and drive out of the garage.

He is getting very specific in his train identification, differentiating locomotive, hopper, house car, and the caboose.

My favorite is watching him when he reads the big train book and we get to the bullet trains in Japan. He immediately shouts, "Mount Fuji!" which is in the background.

He is also really into changing the batteries in all his trains/cars. He will grab the box of batteries, a screwdriver, and then manipulates these tiny screws and screwdrivers with great care.

Annette is in California, and so I've been feeding him. Tonite, we had some sphagetti, meatballs, broccoli, carrots, and apple. At first he didn't like the meatballs, which I had cut up into small pieces. So I stuck a fork into a meatball, and he immediately grabbed it, took a bit bite, and said "Delicious!" He also didn't like the broccoli when I broke it up into smaller pieces--he wanted the "big one!"

Joshua is good talking on the phone now, so it makes Annette's being away not as bad. He talks to mom several times a day, loves to see her on the computer, and says that she will be back "Saturday!"

No comments: