Saturday, May 5, 2007

Seeing Joshua Again

Joshua gave me a big smile and said "Dada!" as soon as I opened the car door, when Annette and Joshua came to pick me up at the airport after a 2 day trip to Toronto. Even though it was only 2 days, it seemed like he was bigger, smarter, different. I don't know how Annette will do it--she has 2, possibly 3 trips this month: to Florida, Washington DC, and maybe Vietnam. I was dreaming about Joshua and reminded of Joshua the whole trip because the conference was about preliteracy and reading aloud with infants-toddlers. Every time I saw a book, I pictured what Joshua would say or do with it--I couldn't help it. I was really missing him!

Tonite at dinner, I heard him say "wheel" for the first time, and he really enjoyed eating raspberries by sticking his finger into the hole and picking it up and turning it into a lollipop.

A couple of weeks ago, Annette and I tried to count all the words Joshua knew:
up, down, bus, book, rice, cheese, water, "O", no, umbrella, go, ball, balloon, dog, hole, bath, back, mum mum, apple, all done, star, that, trees, bye bye. It's incredible to think his vocabulary will balloon out to 200-300 words in 6 months!

He turned 18 months yesterday. He's a big boy now!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome, Rol! Great idea listening to the IPOD while Joshua screamed for 25 minutes. We were never able to do it. That's why Chris and Mel slept with us until they were 4 and 3 years old, respectively.

Can't wait to see you guys next month. We don't have any special plans other than tour Fenway Park. Will work on it and let you know.