Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stop It!

I lost it this morning with Joshua. I was cooking his lunch, while also preparing the boys breakfast and trying to get Joshua dressed for school. Samuel was playing with toys and Joshua kept taking them away instead of putting on his clothes. Samuel was crying and Joshua wasn't letting go. So I slapped my hands and shouted, "Stop it!" Of course Joshua started to cry, and I quickly composed myself and went over to him. I said that even though I was frustrated, I shouldn't shout and I apologized to him. I explained that I really needed his help because I was trying to take care of both of the boys. He was very agreeable and stopped crying quickly and became much more helpful. Overrall, a good outcome. But the first time I think I've lost it with the boys.

No comments: