Monday, July 6, 2009

First Fireworks

This year, Joshua was really excited about seeing the 4th of July fireworks. He talked about them all day: "I love fireworks!" He could barely contain his excitement and anticipation about seeing his first fireworks. He stayed up until 10:30pm so we could catch the fireworks display along the Charles River.

When the fireworks finally started, Joshua's excitement turned into abrupt silence, and after 5 seconds, he declared, "I want to leave!"

He felt a little bad about leaving early, but he pointed out to me, "Look, other people are leaving too." I explained to him, "But that's because those kids are asleep." When he got back home, he told me, "I never want to see fireworks ever again!" I think it was a combination of the loud noise and the bright lights that spooked him. Well, we'll try again next year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: