Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm dancing for food!

Often when Joshua is eating, even if there is no music, he'll start wiggling his body in his chair and bob his head in complete joy. He explains, "I'm dancing for food!" He really likes to eat. He really likes to sing.

I took him to the MFA this week, and afterwards when Annette asked him what he saw, he said, "Paintings." When asked what did he see paintings of, Joshua said, "Naked guys." I guess there are a lot of nude sculptures and paintings at the museum.

Joshua enjoys sharing food with his mom. He'll offer her his food at dinner: "Momma have some?"

He also surprised me the other day when upon seeing Annette after she got home from work, he asked her, "Momma have a good class?"

He's been quite good at telling us no politely when we offer him drinks or food: "No thank you." And also when we ask him a question that starts off with a "why", he respond, "Because......"

He explains the extent of his knowledge base rather well: "I didn't know" or "I wonder...."

He remembers things that happened a few weeks ago, like the flavor of a cake: "chocolate with kiwi, strawberries, and peach" and picks of the names of people in the building faster than I can--like the names of our front deskworkers, the dry cleaning lady, and other residents.

No comments: