Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I do throw up again!

Usually Joshua is asleep by 8:30pm, so I was surprised last nite when I came home at 9:30pm to find Joshua sitting alone in the middle of the kitchen wearing only a diaper. I peeked into his bedroom and found the explanation--vomit everywhere! In and on his crib, on the floor, on his stuffed animals, pillows, blanket, you name it (OK not the ceiling). We spent the rest of the night decontaminating the hot zone and finally put him back to bed. While we were cleaning up, Joshua was very happy (now that whatever had been bothering his stomache had been exorcised from his body), and seemed to be enjoying the extra time he was getting to spend with mom and dad. He even said, "I do throw up again!"

Tonite, as I was rushing to cook dinner and get Joshua ready for our small group, I got Joshua into his high chair, his food ready in front of him, and I started digging into my food. Joshua wasn't eating though and he was muttering something quietly. I leaned in and finally understood him saying, "Forgot 'keedo'" "Keedo" means prayer in Korean. I was humbled and amazed at my son's quiet rebuke of his dad who had forgotten to say grace before a meal. So we held hands, and Joshua said, "Thank you God! Amen!" before diving into his noodles.

1 comment:

Alyosha said...

Sounds like a messy explosion! I guess Joshua functions as your conscious these days, huh? Laugh. Miss you guys.

--EMO